Sunday, August 4, 2013

Making BOMs

So back at the start of the year I signed up for a BOM - for all you non quilters that is a Block Of The Month club. Means every month I get a pretty packet of fabric and some instructions and then at the end of the year I sew them all together and tah-dah! It's a quilt top!

Only problem is I haven't been doing my monthly block as it arrives, they keep getting put to the side and now instead of a half finished quilt top I have a pile of envelopes!

I'm making making them my mission this month! I've got Feb on the machine almost done, which only leaves March, April, May, June and July (and possibly August depending how long the others take me!)

Wish me luck!

February's Patchwork Heart Block

P.S.  I forgot to say that I signed up for the BOM through Wrapped in Fabric which is one of my favourite Australian based online fabric stores.  The customer service they provide is amazing and I am very grateful for the help Sandy provided when I was sourcing fabrics for the quilt I made for our bed!


Blogged on the go - using Blogpress! So please excuse any typos! Xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh pretty!! Who are you doing this through. Can't wait to see how it comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw this photo I thought it was the Riley Blake BOM? I started it at the start of the year, but only did the first 3, because the blocks after that just didn't seem to gel with the first ones!

    ReplyDelete