Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Spring Fling with My China Doll



What is your business?
My China Doll

How did you come to name it that?
My daughter is half Chinese so she is my inspiration and my little china doll. 



What do you make?  
Custom made girls clothing (sized newborn-10years), custom made mama clothing, hair accessories, and lotus flower pin cushions. 

What are your two favourite things that you make? Why? 
Twirly special occasion dresses and lotus flower pin cushions. 


I love making pretty, vintage inspired girls outfits using premium quality fabrics, buttons and trims. I only make clothes in the same style that I would dress my own daughter. I pride myself on being a perfectionist and my customers always comment on the quality of my work. Most little girls love to twirl so there is a lot of fabric that goes into these dresses for that reason. 


The lotus flower pin cushions came about after I entered a pin cushion swap with some lovely handmaidens. I wanted my entry to be something unique and symbolic of my china doll. I designed the pin cushion based on my very popular lotus flower hair accessories. I am proud to say the design is my original creation and they now reside in quite a few handmaiden's sewing rooms :)





What is your favourite season?  Why?
Winter. I'm a snowboarding bunny and love the weather best when it's COLD and SNOWING! 

What’s something you’ve learnt that you wish you could go back and tell your 18 year old self?
Be confident in everything that you do! 

Your 5 dream dinner guests (can be dead or alive, real people or fictional characters) and what would you serve for dessert? 
Colin Firth ( I heart Mr Darcy from BBC's version of pride and prejudice)

JK Rowling (love the Harry Potter series - have read it through four times)

Vittorio Grigolo (talented and gorgeous Italian singer)

Heston Blumenthal (so he can cook me a gastronomical feast - I love to cook and eat lol)

Torah Bright (amazing Aussie female snowboarder - I have been a snowboarder for almost 15 years!)

As for dessert it has to be anything chocolate :)

Quick 5:
What are you wearing right now?
Pyjamas 

What can you hear?
Birds singing

What can you smell?
Hubby cooking coffee on the stove

Last thing you ate?
Homemade Italian meatballs with spaghetti 

Last person you spoke to?
My husband 

Where can we find you? (fb page, website, made it etc etc – please include links

No comments:

Post a Comment