Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Spring Fling with Harley Barley Designs!



What is your business?
Harley Barley Designs

How did you come to name it that?
Harley is the name of one of my horses, he is a 4 year old Palomino Warmblood and since I started off making the hobby horses naming the business after my horse seemed perfectly normal to me


What do you make? 
Mostly Hobby Horses and Rag Quilts, I also do baby things for the local markets, like nappy wallets, teething rings and dummy clips. Very soon I will be releasing a boys range as I find boys are often forgotten in the handmade world


What are your two favourite things that you make? Why? 
I’ve just finished this Pony for a showcase, I am a little in love with her, I love this fabric and I have just started using a new eye design with a little help from Jallie-Bean Kids and I’m loving the look of them.




This Rag quilt was made for C4AC out of the gorgeous new range from Jennifer Paganelli. It features 10 of the gorgeous Circa fabrics and I’m hoping it raises lots of money  for the L’il Aussie Prems Foundation. The Cushion in this photo was made by OnePear.


 
What is your favourite season?  Why?

Definitely spring (except for the hay fever)

What’s something you’ve learnt that you wish you could go back and tell your 18 year old self?
Go to the dentist!!!!
 
You 5 dream dinner guests (can be dead or alive, real people or fictional characters) and what would you serve for dessert?

My Best Friend Amanda as she lives too far away and I haven’t seen her for almost a year
Stephan Peters, a famous Dressage rider so I could pick his brain
Bryce Cortney, the author as I love his books and I think he is a very interesting person
And finally Country music singers Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert


Quick 5:
What are you wearing right now?
PJ’;s

What can you hear?
ABC2

What can you smell?
Glen 20

Last thing you ate?
Philly cheese on toasted rye bread

Last person you spoke to?
My 22 month old son


Where can we find you?

No comments:

Post a Comment