Monday, August 19, 2013

A Spring Fling with Blue Wren Handmade



What is your business?
Blue Wren Handmade


How did you come to name it that?
Living a long way from my family I was looking for a connection between my children and the environment and loved ones I grew up with… my grandmother and son have a bit of a thing with Blue Wrens, hence the name J


What do you make? 
I make clothing for children, both boys and girls. I tend to make boys gear more by custom order however, due to the lesser demand.



What are your two favourite things that you make? Why?  
Bubblealls because they’re so darn cute :)



Asymetrical Hoody Dress because they are challenging, but stunning when complete!


What is your favourite season?  Why?
Autumn, because I’m generally totally over the excess heat of summer and it’s not too cold just yet.
What’s something you’ve learnt that you wish you could go back and tell your 18 year old self?
Don’t be an idiot and get on with getting educated rather than skating around on the bones of my behind for far too long!
You 5 dream dinner guests (can be dead or alive, real people or fictional characters) and what would you serve for dessert?
Aside from my beautiful little family – husband Marcus, 3 y.o. son Decland and 1 y.o. daughter Freya - my uncle Jeffrey, because he died suddenly when I was eight and I don’t feel like I got enough time with him, and some of my oldest friends I don’t get to spend enough time with – Amity, Jane, Kelly and Flick.

Quick 5:
What are you wearing right now?
Jeans and a tee

What can you hear?
The TV and my keyboard tapping

What can you smell?
Sugar – my son and I spent the day decorating cupcakes for him to take to daycare to celebrate his birthday.

Last thing you ate?
A lolly – um ma!

Last person you spoke to?
My newly three year old son

Where can we find you?
and I’m working on making  www.bluewrenhandmade.com.au happen

No comments:

Post a Comment