Monday, January 2, 2012

Mapping the year...

Well I've had a very productive day - on my way to getting myself organised, did some sewing and even went for two walks (about 6 1/2 ks in total)  

This is screenshot of something I was working on today...

Obviously its still a work in progress and not very pretty to look at but its what I call my "year map"  I list what I want to achieve in the year ahead and break it down in to more manageable action statements.  From here I do monthly plans and then weekly.  Its been a loooong time since I did this but I am hoping this is going to help kick my butt into gear.

I also did some sewing, tidied my work space and now its time for "date night" (well some DVDs with Big N anyway!)

Stay tuned for more exciting adventures of my totally organised life :P

 

3 comments:

  1. I'll be checking out your blog regularly to see how you are going. One of my goals is to be more organised this year. I like your layout ... great idea. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, yay! I'm kind of the same but opposite. My goal is to create balance also but this year I think I need to slow down a little. 2011 saw me become a new mum AND a new business owner and in my usual style I put my all into both of them...running myself into the ground. So this year I am trying to take some me time, be better organized in my business and stop trying to parent like a business owner with a check list of achievements lol. Good luck to both of us Holly. I'm looking forward to sharing our journies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a thought - I have one suggestion to help you with your goal of having an organised house - I just hired a 15yr old to do 2hrs cleaning a week. I pay her $15/hr which she is THRILLED with and I get a massive help with my household organisation. Just a thought x

    ReplyDelete